Skip to content
- Open SQL Server Management Studio.
- Connect to the SQL Server database where you would like
to create a login.
- Open the Security folder.
- Right-click on the Logins folder and select New Login.
- If you would like to assign rights to a Windows
account, select “Windows authentication”. If you would like to
create an account that exists only in the database, select “SQL
- Provide the login name in the text box. You may use the
Browse button to select an existing account if you chose Windows
- If you chose SQL Server authentication, you must also
provide a password (preferably a strong one!) in both the Password and
Confirmation text boxes.
- Customize the default database and language for the
account, if desired, using the drop-down boxes at the bottom of the
- Click OK to create the account.